13/12/15

Winter pie - Crostata invernale - Zimska pita



I must admit that I don't like dried figs, I don't like figs at all, neither Mr. M. likes them, but ... then I've baked this pie and I must admit that I liked it, I liked it a lot! Mr. M. is still hesitant, so I think he basically doesn't like it.

All started with Lara's proposal to use dried figs for December round of our contest "ajme, koliko nas je!". Lara is writing Slatki blog (Sweet Blog!) and she is my new friend, for the moment just a virtual friend, but I have the impression that we will meet soon!
But what to do with dried figs? What can I prepare with the ingredient I never ever use....My parents adore dried figs, so do my parents in law. We have a big white fig tree in our "garden with the view" (you all remember why I call it this way, don't you?) and every summer when I go back from holidays I bring plenty of figs with me to Italy and everybody is so, so happy to receive fresh and ripe figs as a gift! Our fig tree produces small, but very flavourful figs (everybody says so!), but my mother doesn't dry them, she use to prepare a jam occasionally. I also prepared it once, because some figs smashed during our return trip, but then this jam went back to Croatia, because I didn't ate it! This is all my experience with figs.
I couldn't miss this challenge and I have decided to try to prepare something with dried figs despite I don't like them, so I mixed figs with almonds and oranges and the result is very good, I'm satisfied because I have prepared a real winter pie and it is another good idea how to recycle your dried figs if you don't finish your Christmas provisions.


WINTER PIE
fro the crust:
150 gr of flour
50 gr of almond flour (chopped almonds)*
50 gr of rice flour
70 gr of powdered sugar
125 gr of butter
1 egg
1 egg yolk
pinch of salt

*you can prepare your almond flour by yourself, just chop almonds with the peel in a kitchen grinder for few minutes

for the filling:
80 gr of dried figs
50 gr of almond flour (chopped almonds)
1/2 orange, freshly squeezed orange juice only
70 gr of orange marmalade, I've used the one I have prepared last winter
1 egg whites
pinch of salt

Prepare the crust mixing quickly all ingredients and leave the dough to rest 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
Meanwhile cut figs in small pieces and let them boil in very little water (cover only up to half figs) until soften and all water get evaporated. Mince figs with kitchen grinder and let them cool down. Whip the egg whites with a pinch of salt until you get solid snow, combine all ingredients and stir gently all together.
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Roll half of the dough 3-4 mm thick and coat the backing pan with the dough. Add the filling and cover with second half of the dough, or create other decoration and put them on top of the filling.
Bake for 30 minutes until golden.
If you have not used all the dough, make cookies with it!


CROSTATA INVERNALE
per la crosta:
150 gr di farina “0”
50 gr di farina di mandorle (mandorle tritate)*
50 gr di farina di riso
70 gr di zucchero a velo
125 gr di burro
1 uovo intero
1 tuorlo d’uovo
un pizzico di sale

*potete preparare la farina di mandorle da soli, basterà tritare le mandorle con la pelle nel tritatutto per qualche minuto

per il ripieno:
80 gr di fichi secchi
50 gr di farina di mandorle (mandorle tritate)
1/2 arancia, solo la spremuta fresca
70 gr di marmellata d’arancia, ho usato la marmellata che ho fatto l’inverno scorso
1 albume d’uovo
un pizzico di sale


Impastare velocemente la pasta per la crosta con tutti gli ingredienti e lasciarla riposare 30 minuti nel frigorifero.
Nel frattempo tagliare i fichi in piccoli pezzi e farli bollire in pochissima acqua (coprire solo la metà dei fichi) fino a quando diventeranno morbidi e tutta l’acqua sarà evaporata. Frullare i fichi e lasciarli raffreddare. Montare gli albumi a neve con un pizzico di sale, unire tutti gli ingredienti e mescolare gentilmente insieme.
Riscaldare il forno a 180°C.
Stendere la metà della pasta a 3-4 mm di spessore e rivestire con essa una teglia. Aggiungere il ripieno e coprire con altra metà della pasta oppure ritagliarne le decorazioni e sistemarle sul ripieno.

Cuocere 30 minuti fino a quando la pasta diventerà dorata.
Se vi avanza la pasta potete fare dei biscotti!


ZIMSKA PITA
za tijesto:
150 gr mekog brašna
50 gr brašna od badema (mljevenih badema)*
50 gr rižinog brašna
70 gr šećera u prahu
125 gr maslaca
1 cijelo jaje
1 žumanjak
prstohvat soli

*možete sami pripremiti brašno od badema, treba mljeti bademe u blenderu par minuta.

za fil:
80 gr suhih smokvi
50 gr brašna od badema (mljevenih badema)
1/2 naranče, samo svježe iscijeđenog soka
70 gr marmelade od naranče, ja sam upotrijebila marmeladu koju sam pripremila prošle zime
1 bjelanjak
prstohvat soli

Brzo zamijesiti tijesto od svih sastojaka i ostaviti da se odmara 30 minuta u hladnjaku.
U međuvremenu narezati smokve na male komade i prokuhati ih na vrlo malo vode (do polovice smokava) dok ne omekšaju i dok sva voda ne pokuha. Izmiksati smokve štapnim mikserom i ostaviti da se ohlade. Izmutiti bjelanjak s prstohvatom soli u snijeg, spojiti sve sastojke i lagano sve promiješati.
Zagrijati pećnicu na 180°C.
Razvući polovicu tijesta na 3-4 mm debljine i staviti ga u pleh za pečenje. Uliti fil i pokriti drugom polovicom tijesta ili izrezati decoracije i poslagati ih po filu.
Peći 30 minuta dok tijesto ne porumeni.

Ako vam ostane tijesta napravite kekse!











Nessun commento:

Posta un commento