13/01/17

Fragrant cookies with cinnamon and orange peel - Biscotti profumati con cannella e buccia d'arancia - Mirisni keksi s cimetom i koricom naranče

Even if holiday baking should be over since some time, after a few very lazy weeks and a lot of sweet stuff of any kind, I would have never said that I could still desire something sweet. But it happens over and over again, especially in the evening, when the daylights fade and I just need to relax with a cup of steaming tea in my hands. I close my eyes, because I don't want to see that we still miss so many things to be done in our renovated apartment and I begin to dream about my next cookies. I didn’t bake much this time, but my mother did it instead. I was to busy running here and there trying to finish all commitments before the year ends and catching the final deadlines. While all the rest of blogosphere has been so active around holiday season, I was just observing all those beauties and thinking about my messy December. It all remembered me how good it is to be back home…it’s the best place to calm down and to forget for a while the craziness and the haste of our lives.






The warmth of those days passed with my family, all those super caloric, but so tasty food I ate, dear people I’ve met there and my birthday cake that I expect to find on the kitchen table each time I go home for Christmas…these sweet memories make me still craving for a real winter flavours and spices.
My Christmas box is still packed with cinnamon and orange peel scent of freshly baked cookies and it's hard to resist non to keep it in my lap while sitting on the sofa with the warm blanket on my legs. In fact, it was difficult to get back to work, to start running again and this new beginning scares me a bit.
But I like its number: 2017, so it must bring plenty of good things to everyone! At least I wish so, while sitting on the sofa lost in my dreams.



Now I need to forget last years that didn't bring too many good things, but I don't want to remember these years only in that way. I want to forget all complicated moments without clear conclusions, because I need to renew myself, my hart and my mind. I will bring with me only a lot of good vibes and creative moments from the past, lots of beautiful people I've met on my way and new friendships.
To cherish these fantastic memories and wishes I have turned on the oven again to warm up the atmosphere in these chilly winter days. I've knead this simple, flavourful dough, but you can combine your favourite spices with grated citrus peels, you can add some candied fruits or nuts to it, if you like it. I usually don't add many different spices, because I love clear flavours, a bit crisp and full, but not too much excessive. Therefor I have choosen cinnamon and orange peel this time. I can put cinnamon in every dish, I adore the perfume of oranges and when you finish to grate orange peel you will have your hands so smooth and soft.
Try it yourself and enjoy!



FRAGRANT COOKIES WITH CINNAMON AND ORANGE PEEL

250 gr flour
60 gr powdered sugar
100 g cold butter
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
grated peel of one organic orange
3 teaspoons baking powder (qty. as indicated on the product)
1 full tablespoon of powdered sugar flavoured with vanilla bean (or 1 vanilla sugar)
1 pinch of salt
1 egg yolk


Mix all ingredients quickly to prevent the butter from melting. Let the dough rest in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes.
In the meanwhile preheat the oven to 180°C and coat the baking pan with the baking paper.
Roll out the dough on a slightly floured surface with a rolling pin to form a sheet about 2-3 mm thick. Cut out cookies with cookie cutters.
Place the cookies on the baking sheet.
Don't place the cookies to close, because they will grow a bit.
Bake the cookies in preheated oven for about 7-10 minutes. Pay attention not to burn them.
Keep in closed cookie box.

BISCOTTI PROFUMATI CON CANNELLA E BUCCIA D'ARANCIA

250 gr di farina “00”
60 gr di zucchero a velo
100 gr di burro freddo
1 cucchiaio di cannella in polvere
buccia gratuggiata di un'arancia
3 cucchiaini di lievito per dolci (qtà come indicato sulla bustina)
1 cucchiaio pieno di zucchero aromatizzato alla vaniglia (o 1 bustina di zucchero vanigliato)
1 pizzico di sale
1 tuorlo d’uovo

Impastare tutti gli ingredienti velocemente per evitare che il burro si sciolga.
Fare riposare l’impasto nel frigorifero per 15-30 minuti.
Nel frattempo riscaldare il forno a 180°C e ricoprire la teglia con la carta forno.
Stendere l’impasto sulla spianatoia infarinata con il mattarello fino ad ottenere un foglio di circa 2-3 mm di spessore.
Ritagliare i biscotti con i tagliabiscotti.
Sistemare i biscotti nella teglia distanziati uno dall’altro perché cresceranno leggermente durante la cottura.
Infornare nel forno già caldo per circa 7-10 minuti.
I biscotti non devono diventare scuri.
Conservare nella scatola chiusa.



MIRISNI KEKSI S CIMETOM I KORICOM NARANČE

250 gr glatkog brašna
60 gr šećera u prahu
100 gr hladnog maslaca
1 žlica cimeta u prahu
naribana korica jedne neprskane naranče
3 praška za pecivo prema uputi na vrećici (približno 3 žličice)
1 u vrh puna žlica šećera aromatiziranog vanilijom (ili 1 vrećica vanilij šećera)
1 prstohvat soli
1 žumanjak

Zamijesiti tijesto od svih sastojaka.
Brzo mijesiti da se maslac ne otopi.
Ostaviti da tijesto odmara u hladnjaku oko 15-30 minuta.
U međuvremenu zagrijati pećnicu na 180°C i prekriti pleh za pečenje masnim papirom.
Razvaljati tijesto na pobrašnjenoj radnoj površini da dobijete tijesto debljine 2-3mm. 
Rezati kekse rezačima za kekse.
Poslagati kekse na pleh za pečenje.
Keksi moraju biti razmaknuti par mm jedan od drugoga da se tokom pečenja ne zalijepe, jer će malo narasti.
Peći 7-10 minuta, ali ne smiju potamniti po površini.
Čuvati kekse u zatvorenoj kutiji.






Nessun commento:

Posta un commento